What Is Chicken Base? How To Use It
A lot of people use stock and soup made from different meat in cooking, whether as a base for tasty dishes or as an addition to make a dish more flavorful. Have you ever tried cooking with the chicken base? Or do you know what is chicken base?
Basically, the chicken base is a paste made from chicken and different spices which you can use as a base for stock, soup, gravy or other sauces and liquids which need a touch of chicken flavor and spices.
Not only that, it can also be used as a rub for marinating meats or even chicken for a richer flavor.This is a concentrated version of the more commonly known chicken stock. It is basically made the same way, though simmered for a longer period of time until the vegetables in the mixture are dissolved into the stock, which created a richer and fuller reduction.
Then it is made into a paste, which can be stored for future use.The chicken base can be bought from supermarkets and groceries, or you can make your own at home. You'd need to have a few simple ingredients and follow some simple steps to do it, which will be discussed further in the article.
Last update on 2018-07-15 PST - Details
Different Kinds Of Flavor Enhancers Made With Chicken
There are different kinds of flavor enhancers which can be made with chicken and they are all similar, though different in some ways. Let's take a look at those different chicken flavor enhancers which all differ from the chicken base, which is actually a paste.
How To Make Chicken Base
Making chicken base in your home is quite easy, though it involves a lot of steps. Don't be intimidated, though, those numerous steps are easy and would not require too much effort.
Here is all the information you need to know in making a chicken base - from the ingredients to the steps, which will guide you in making your own chicken stock.
- Bay leaves
- Vegetables (carrots and celery)
- Seasonings (salt and pepper)
1. Create a chicken stock by boiling a pot of water on the stove. While it is coming to a boil, prepare the other ingredients before you add them in.
2. Have your chicken ready then chop up the onions, garlic, and vegetables. Also, have your bay leaves and other seasonings ready to be added to the pot.
3. Once the water is already boiling, add in all the ingredients which you have prepared - all of them, all at the same time.
4. Allow the ingredients to simmer until about a third of the water has been reduced. Periodically stir the ingredients around, so they don't stick to the sides of your pot.
5. It is important to note that this process may take a few hours so that the ingredients blend well together and the reduction you are left with is filled with all the right flavors.
6. When your stock has already reduced, you need to chop up and debone your chicken so that the delicious bits will be included in your base.
7. Once you've done this, store your stock in the refrigerator until you see that the fat has separated completely from the rest of the mixture.
8. Once you've done this, store your stock in the refrigerator until you see that the fat has separated completely from the rest of the mixture.
9. Place the paste in an airtight jar and store it in the refrigerator. The freshly made chicken base can be stored for up to 3 months in the refrigerator as long as it is in an airtight container.
Easy, isn't it? All you need to do is whip up a batch once and you'd have a lot of chicken base to use for your cooking. Just make sure to follow the steps and store your chicken base properly so it doesn't spoil before you have finished all of it.
Conclusion - Start Using Chicken Base In Your Dishes!
As you may have already realized by now what is a chicken base? Using a chicken base in your dishes is not only easy, but it will give your dish a fuller and richer flavor.
A lot of recipes call for chicken flavor enhancers, and now you know how to make your own.Liven up your dishes by adding chicken base to them and start cooking up culinary masterpieces!