The art of using chopsticks originated from China. This art has however spread to many other Asian countries like Korea, Japan, and Vietnam. The use of chopsticks is spreading like wildfire all over the world, and soon everyone will be using chopsticks all in the different corners of the world.
Over the past few years, I have found some profound love for Asian foods, and I just can’t stop loving Asian food. My family members also love taking the Asian delicacies. But before introducing my family members to enjoying Asian delicacies, I had to acquire the best chopsticks that come in handy when dealing with Asian delicacies.
- Factors To Consider When Buying The Best Chopsticks
- Classification of Chopsticks
- Top 5 Best Chopsticks In The Market
- 1. Makidar 10 Pairs of 304 Stainless Steel Chopsticks Anti-skid Anti-hot design vacuum chopsticks
- 2. Kitchen Art Korean Chopsticks Stainless Steel 10 Pairs Vacuum Hollow Non-slip
- 3. Rbenxia Metal Steel Chopstick Stainless Steel Spiral Chopsticks 8.8 Inches Long Lightweight Chopstick Set
- 4. MyLifeUNIT Extra Long 14 Inch Japanese Hot Pot Chopsticks, Stainless Steel Cooking Frying Noodle Chopsticks (3 Pairs Set)
- 5. Happy Sales HSKS1/B, Japanese Black Chopsticks Set with Case – Crane Design Black
- Wrapping Up
Factors To Consider When Buying The Best Chopsticks
Due to the fact that the market is filled with various models of chopsticks, it will be a headache to choose the perfect chopsticks from counterfeit products. To make the right choice, there are some factors that one must consider to select the right product. Below are some of those factors.
- Ease Of Use
- Extra Features
- Shape Of The Chopstick
Classification of Chopsticks
You would probably be in for a rude shock if you thought all chopsticks are the same. Chopsticks are different, and they are basically classified into three groups. We have the Chinese, Korean and Japanese chopsticks.
1. Chinese Chopsticks
Chinese chopsticks have been in existence for a very long time now. They are long and thicker. They are mostly made of wood and have square bodies. You will also realize that they possess some blunt square tips.
2. Korean Chopsticks
Korean chopsticks tend to be shorter and are mainly made of metal like stainless steel. These chopsticks are durable and are rough towards the ends to enhance the grip. This is because most metals are normally slippery.
3. Japanese Chopsticks
In Japan, there are numerous types of chopsticks for different uses. Due to so much diversification in the chopstick industry in Japan, it is possible to find chopsticks made of wood, plastic, and metal.
Japanese chopsticks are different from the other chopsticks based on their medium lengths. They also feature some intricate and colorful designs.
Top 5 Best Chopsticks In The Market
The Kamidar chopsticks are made using a 304 stainless steel material which makes them safe for handling food and durable as well. They come in 10 pairs which makes sure that all your family members and some few guest can use them in one sitting.
These chopsticks are 9.45 inches long to help you hold your food well. The 1.1-ounce weight makes them light enough and comfortable to hold in your hands while using them to eat. Cleaning these chopsticks is also very easy as they are dishwasher safe. They are also reusable and friendly to the environment.
What’s more, these chopsticks are also made using an anti-hot and anti-skid design.This is to reduce the chances of skidding while trying to hold food and preventing the transfer of the heat from the food to your fingers. Their vacuum body also helps in making them light and heat resistant.
- Rust resistant
- Ant-hot and anti-skid
- Easy to clean
- Beautiful and stylish
- Lengthened and strengthened
- Comes with a 100 percent lifetime guarantee
- High-quality product that won’t break or rust. They are also strong and sturdy.
- Dishwasher safe, reusable and environmentally friendly
- Do not skid or transfer the heat from the food to your fingers.
- The ends are not even and are somehow unfinished
If you are searching for the best chopsticks for your household, then the Kitchen Art Korean chopsticks should be your best bet. This product comes in 10 pairs of stainless steel chopsticks that can be enough for all your family members. Due to the fact that they are made of stainless steel, they are also very durable.
Handling these chopsticks is very easy as they are hollow hence very light. Their quality is also at par with your expectations. For additional grip, these chopsticks have engraved grooves to enhance grip. They are also elegantly designed hence very beautiful and attractive.
With a dimension of 9.2 by 2.8 by 0.6 inches and a weight of 6.4 ounces, they will be a lot easier to use. These chopsticks are very easy to clean as well.
- Hollow and light
- High-quality material
- Elegantly designed
- Comes in 10 pairs of chopsticks
- Made of stainless steel which is durable
- Lightweight hence easy to handle
- Comes in 10 pairs which are enough for many people
- Have grooves for improved grip
- Easy to clean and dishwasher safe
- Leaves behind an undesirable metal taste
3. Rbenxia Metal Steel Chopstick Stainless Steel Spiral Chopsticks 8.8 Inches Long Lightweight Chopstick Set
If you don’t want to spend so much money buying different chopsticks for adults and kids, this chopstick will work perfectly well for both kids and adults.
It is approximately 8.75 inches long making it easy use in picking food; it weighs only 4.8 ounces. These chopsticks have hollow inner parts which make them lightweight, heat-resistant, less prone to deformation and does not fade as well.
This product has a polished texture which gives a smooth touch feeling making it easy and comfortable to use. These chopsticks are also elegant, durable and easy to wash. They come packed in 5 pairs so that all your family members can have one to use during meal times.
With the design of the grooves, these chopsticks are not slippery and are easy to hold. What’s more, they do not skid and are a perfect match for all kinds of dishware and tableware. If you are new to using chopsticks, then these chopsticks are ideal for practicing.
- Heat insulated
- Comes in 5 pairs
- Exquisite design
- Spiral thread design
- Very durable and high quality
- Lightweight and heat insulated making them easy and comfortable to use
- Reusable, easy to clean and washable
- Anti-skid design
- Grooves design makes them easy to hold
- Has a strong metallic taste and smells awful after being dipped into warm food
4. MyLifeUNIT Extra Long 14 Inch Japanese Hot Pot Chopsticks, Stainless Steel Cooking Frying Noodle Chopsticks (3 Pairs Set)
Sometimes you may need the chopsticks for cooking or frying your food. If you are such a person, then MyLifeUNIT chopsticks are the ideal products for you. These chopsticks come in a set of 3 pairs. These chopsticks are made using stainless steel that won’t scorch you while you try frying and cooking because it conducts less heat.
These Japanese chopsticks weigh 45g per pair making them easy to use. They are also 14 inches long making them safe enough to prevent you from getting hurt from the splashed oil when frying. These chopsticks are durable enough and will not get deformed, fade or transfer the heat to your fingers.
What’s more, these best chopsticks are ideal for all Asian style delicacies like cooking spaghetti and noodles among others. The grooves at the top part of these chopsticks make holding them comfortable. The only issue to be worried about when using these chopsticks is the fact that they are somehow heavy and clunky.
- Very sturdy
- Low heat conduction
- 3 pairs
- Safe to use
- Extended length
- Perfect for cooking spaghetti and noodles
- Very sturdy and reliable
- Low heat conduction will make sure you safely use them for frying
- Extended length is good for keeping your hands away from harm
- Well balanced and nicely finished
- A bit heavy and clunky
If you are looking to buy those chopsticks that come with other accessories like a case, this should be your ideal choice. The Happy Sales chopstick comes with a plastic case which is 9-5/8 x 1-1/4 x 3/4 inches. The individual Happy sales chopsticks are 8-7/8 inches long. They also weigh only 2.9 ounces making them comfortable to use.
With the Golden Crane design, these chopsticks are classic, high quality and absolutely elegant. The process of cleaning these chopsticks is also very easy.If you are really worried about how long these chopsticks would last, bid goodbye to your worries as they are very durable. If you love tasking sushi, these chopsticks will have your back covered.
Despite the fact that they come in just a single pair, they will give you value for your money. If you would like to have a variety of these chopsticks, you can either buy the black or the red coloredHappy sales chopsticks. The only issue to be worried about when purchasing these chopsticks is the fact that they are not ideal for noodles or any other slippery delicacies.
- Comes with a plastic case
- 1 pair
- Simple to use
- High quality
- Crane design
- Outstanding quality that makes it reliable
- Perfect for sushi lovers
- Does not crack or break easily
- Easy to clean after use
- Attractive design, nice finish, and a perfectly finished case
- Comes only in one pair
- Not ideal for slippery foods.
Everything that you will need to have at your fingertips when buying these products has been discussed in this article. It is now upon you to read, understand and put into practice everything that has been addressed in the article.
While all the products that have been discussed above will work well for you, we would like to particularly recommend the Makidar Anti-skid stainless steel chopsticks as it stands out among the best chopsticks that we discussed.
This is because it is easy to clean; it does not skid or rust and is elegantly designed together with other great features. The other four products can also work for you as you can try them one by one to find the one that perfectly suits your needs.
Have you ever used chopsticks before? If yes, how was the experience? Have you ever used any of the chopstick brands that we have discussed above? Do you intend to buy some chopsticks soon? If you do, please tell us to know the brand of chopsticks that you will buy. Do you have another great brand of chopsticks that you would like us to review next time?