How has the adventure of baking cakes been? We can comfortably guess that the main reason why you are reading this is that you want to explore more and strengthen your expertise. You might want to take your baking experience to the next level, and you are on a hunt for the best springform pan.
Well, welcome friend. We have tried our best possible to review some of the best springform pans. Before having a look at them, let’s first look at some important information about springform pans.
- Top 5 Best Springform Pan
- 1. Hiware 7 Inch Non-stick Springform Pan / Cheesecake Pan / Leakproof Cake Pan Bakeware
- 2. USA Pan Bakeware Springform Pan, 9 Inch, Nonstick Baking Pan, Cheesecake Cake Pan
- 3. Cuisinart AMB-9SPCH 9-Inch Chef’s Classic Nonstick Bakeware Springform Pan
- 4. Farberware 46406 Nonstick Bakeware Round Springform Pan, 9″, Light Gray
- 5. Nordic Ware Leakproof Springform Pan, 7 Inch
- Why Do You Need A Springform Pan?
- Features To Look For While Choosing The Best Springform Pan
- Wrapping Up
Top 5 Best Springform Pan
If you are cooking a delicate cake that you can’t afford to mess up with, then Hiware spring pan is the one to go for. Measuring 7 inches in diameter and with a latched side panel, you can easily and confidently serve you fragile cake without worry. This feature makes it great for use in 6Qt or 8Qt instant pot pressure cooker.
Another amazing feature that they have added is a nonstick coating seal that renders the pan clean as a slate after your cook. That means you will need not to flour your pan. Even at its working limit of 450 degrees Fahrenheit, this pan will still confidently leave no stick at the bottom of it. This will give you a downhill cleaning exercise.
Lightness is also a key factor when using these kinds of pans. This pan weighs 0.65 pounds, extremely light which is attributed to its steel and carbon aluminum body construction. Not forgetting its side buckles which provide an easy and simple way to release your baked cake.
- Weighs 0.65 pounds.
- Working limit of 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Made of steel and carbon aluminum.
- Measure 7 inches in diameter.
- Side buckles.
- Has a diameter of 7 inches which makes it great for 6Qt or 8Qt instant pot pressure cooker.
- Its double layer is coated with a non-stick coating which eliminates flouring of the pan.
- It is also fitted with side buckles which hasten serving of the baked goods.
- Has high oven safe limit.
- It is safe and non-toxic free of PFOA, BPA, and PTFE.
- It is prone to leaking.
What makes USA Pan Bakeware amazing is that they have incredibly corrugated surfaces that leave every cook perfect. These surfaces are also engineered to give nonstick properties and add some strength to the whole pan. Such kind of designs eliminates any cases of warping. They are also great for heat distribution and air flow.
With a diameter of 9 inches and deepness of 2.625 inches, this might be a good pan to make your favorite cheesecake, mousse cakes and streusel coffee cakes.To eliminate any leaks while baking, they have added side seals. In addition to this, the aluminized steel construction allows overall baking performance.
With a weight of 2 pounds, you are guaranteed smooth and even transition when baking. You will not have to worry about cumbersomeness. A slightly heavy pan like this one means the material thickness is sturdy and offers fewer chances of warping.
- 9 inches diameter and 2.625 inches deep springform pan.
- Aluminum-steel construction.
- Latch handles.
- Made in the USA.
- Has a versatile design which allows airflow.
- The construction design also adds strength which minimizes warping.
- The aluminized steel construction gives commercial quality cakes.
- Good for making delicate and precision-demanding cakes.
- Leak-proof thanks to the base seals.
- It is fluted which makes insertion of a knife or spatula along the bottom to loosen it hard.
- Expensive than other products
If you are looking for an extremely light but still heavy-duty springform pan, this one might be the right one for you. This 9-inch pan has thick rolled edges which will ensure that you have smooth and straight cakes as much as possible, no warping of any kind.
Let’s talk about the ease of using it and durability. It only weighs 1.1 pounds which can be considered as averagely light.This might be attributed to its aluminized steel construction which in inference leaves it fairly sturdy and durable. The homogeneous material construction of the pan also allows even heating so that you have evenly cooked cakes.
With a WhitfordXylan non-stick exterior and interior, you are guaranteed of having an easy clean-up and release of your baked goods. This pan is also dishwasher safe for general cleanliness.
- Weighs 1.1 pounds.
- 9 inches in diameter.
- Aluminized steel construction.
- Thick rolled edges.
- Non-stick interior
- The heavy-duty aluminum-steel construction allows even distribution of heat.
- It is made with a Whitfordxylan coated interior which makes it non-stick hence leaving it easy to clean after use.
- It bakes non-warped cakes because of thick rolled edges.
- It is also light in weight which leaves it good for delicate baking.
- It can be evenly cleaned as it is dishwasher safe.
- The lock does not tighten well
If you are in the hunt for the best springform pan for creating luscious cheesecakes and savory treats, then this 9-inch springform pan might be the one for you. With an experience of over 50 years, Farberware has been improving this pan for years.
Let’s first look at its material construction. It is made of steel which is constructed in such a way that it resists scraping and offers even heating. A well-designed pan’s surface like this kind eliminates hot spots which are an enemy of any cake baker.
With an oven working limit of 450 degrees Fahrenheit, this pan can still offer you a good performance in high temperatures. This makes this pan an ideal addition to your covered cakes and covered cakes pans collection. For easy storage and use, it weighs only 0.95 pounds.
- Steel construction.
- Oven working temperatures of 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Weighs 0.95 pounds.
- Coated interior and exterior.
- Rolled rims make it warp resistant.
- Made of heavy-duty steel which renders this pan long lasting.
- Offers quick clean-up process with its nonstick coated interior and exterior surfaces.
- Has a watertight seal around the base which minimizes leaks.
- Deeper hence offering good crust and filling support.
- The lock is flimsy and prone to breakage.
Made by a company of a world war 2 veteran and his wife, this simply designed springform pan is great for baking cheesecakes and any other of your best deserts. This extremely light pan weighs 0.388 pounds and has a good leak-proof design. It is made with an incredible locking mechanism that includes a tight seal along the base.
This pan has also combined price and simplicity while maintaining performance and durability. Its 7 inched diameter circumference is covered with a nonstick coating which allows you to smoothly release your cake without no worries.
This 4-cup sized springform pan is made with steel construction which makes it have even heat distribution.This is better for a clean cook and easy clean-up.When cleaning this pan, however, you will have to hand wash it using a mild detergent.
- Nonstick coating.
- Weighs 0.388 pounds.
- Leak-proof base seals.
- 7-Inch diameter.
- Fewer chances of messy spills due to base seals.
- Nonstick coating allows quick and easy cake release.
- Has a quick assembly which saves time for commercial use.
- Has interchangeable bottoms which are good for leak prevention.
- Scratch resistant
- The metal is attacked by rust making less durable.
Why Do You Need A Springform Pan?
There are people asking themselves why they should go through the hassle while they can use their traditional pans. Well, they forget of the end result and how inconvenient it is to cook a delicate cake on a normal pan.
There are three reasons why you should have a springform in your kitchen:
- You may need it when baking cakes that cannot be flipped. You will need a springform to cook your cheesecakes and other delicate desserts.
- You may use it to build your icebox cakes in the fridge. When they are ready, you will unlatch the pan for release.
- They are great for extra-deep foods like quiches and pies.
There are a million ways that you can be creative with springform pans. It will all entirely depend on your creativity and curiosity. These three reasons cut across as the basic applications that every beginner will need to know to qualify as a MasterChef.
Watch this video:
Features To Look For While Choosing The Best Springform Pan
These are some of the few features to consider when looking for the best springform pans. Without any further ado, let us have a look at our 5 best springform pans.
- Pan Diameter
- Nonstick Surfaces
If you would wish to add fun to your baking, then one way is by choosing pans with different shapes. For example heart-shaped, square, rectangular shaped and more shape options. This will add more fun to your experience.
We have come to an end of the review. Clearly, from the above five springform pans, you will realize that they all have almost the same features but differ in a very small way. Finding the best would be as hard as a puzzle. They are all great pans and will make you have an excellent cook.
We have however considered the one whose price relates to its features and what other people have had to say about it. The best springform pan among the five is, therefore, Hiware Springform Pan.
It is the perfect one for us because of these three reasons, it is affordable, it has high working temperature limit, and it can be used in 6Qt or 8Qt pressure cookers. In addition to these three features, it is averagely lighter than the rest, and it also has good buckles for the release of the baked cakes.
These are some of the reasons why this pan is our best springform pan, and we would like to recommend it for you. Don’t forget to look at the other four as well as they carry with them some unique features. We hope that this article has been of help in your quest for the best springform pan.