Nothing beats a delicious sandwich and a tuna sandwich at that. Of all the options to choose from on the menu, the subway tuna has got to be the best. Tuna sandwiches make great snacks for a variety of occasions.
The subway tuna recipes are so easy, anyone can prepare them. Most of these recipes also only require very basic ingredients, making your subway tuna snack quick and simple to prepare.
Tuna sandwich is rich in healthy fats, like Omega-3 fatty acids, it is great fuel for your body while fighting inflammation and aiding good cardiovascular health.
Try your hand at these mouth-watering subway tuna recipes, and you won’t be sorry:
Recipe #1: A Basic Subway Tuna Recipe
Once you have mastered the art of a basic subway tuna recipe, you will be able to experiment with any number of delicious variations for a new taste experience.
To make a basic subway tuna sandwich, these are the ingredients you will need:
- Tinned Tuna
- LeMon juice
- Your favourite bread
- 6 ounces of tinned tuna
- 1/3 cup of your favourite mayonnaise
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 2 teaspoons of lemon juice
To prepare your subway tuna sandwich, follow the steps given below:
- Combine the tuna, mayonnaise, salt and lemon juice together in a mixing bowl.
- Spoon the mixture onto your favourite bread and voila! It is as simple as that.
- Alternatively, you can combine the ingredients in a blender to create a tuna paste for a light and smooth, tuna filling.
- Add some chunks of tuna after you have blended the mixture if you are after more texture in your sandwich.
Tip: To make your toast taste better, you can toast your bread in a pan for some extra crunch, or warming your bread for a toasty warm tuna delight.
Recipe #2: A Traditional Subway Tuna Recipe
With many possible adaptations of the subway tuna recipe, nothing beats the traditional sandwich from Subway.
To make a traditional subway tuna sandwich, these are the ingredients you will need:
- fresh tuna
- vegetable mayonnaise
- Tomato slices
- red onion
- slices of cheese
- Fresh Tunna
- 6 ounces of fresh tuna
- 1/3 cup vegetable mayonnaise.
- ¼ teaspoon of salt.
- 2 teaspoons of lemon juice.
- 4 Tomato slices
- 2 red onion rings
- 2 slices of cheese.
To prepare the tuna filling, follow the steps given below:
- Combine tuna, mayonnaise, lemon juice and salt as in the basic subway tuna recipe above.
- Start assembling your sand which by placing ½ a cup of shredded lettuce on your bread followed by a 4 tomato slices, red onion rings and pickles to suit your taste.
- Add 3 scoops of your homemade tuna filling and top with 2 slices of cheese.
- Finish off your sandwich with the top of your roll and enjoy!
Tip: If you would like to add the works to your sandwich like you can at Subway, gather the following ingredients as an addition: cucumber slices, green pepper slices, black olives, and jalapeno slices.
Recipe #3: A Healthy Subway Tuna Recipe
A subway tuna sandwich is a great option of those who are quite health-conscious. With tuna being such a healthy ingredient, why not pair it with a host of other healthy ingredients to spoil your taste buds?
Start off by gathering the following ingredients:
- 5 ounces of canned light tuna, drained
- 3 tablespoons of light mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 1 Lettuce, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 4 pieces of Health bread (whole wheat, multi-seed, rye, and much more)
To prepare the sandwich, follow the steps given below:
- Combine the tuna, mayonnaise and lemon juice to create a delicious tuna filling.
- You can even add some chopped onion and pepper to add a little more flavor. You can make this ahead of time and store it in the fridge to enjoy a chilled tuna sandwich later in the day.
- Lay out your chosen bread on flat surface and top with lettuce, tomato, pickles and onions to your taste.
- Spread your delicious tuna filling over the vegetables and lastly top with another slice of bread to finish it off.
Tip: Add any other of your favorite vegetables to create a filling lunch snack, like cucumbers, peppers, or olives. Enjoy your healthy subway tuna sandwich!
Recipe #4: A Cheesy Subway Tuna Recipe
Who doesn’t love cheese? More importantly, who doesn’t love adding cheese to their sandwiches? Children, especially love a delicious and cheesy subway tuna sandwich. It is also a great picnic or afternoon snack that will keep you going until dinner time.
Combine the following ingredients for this cheesy subway tuna recipe:
- olive oil
- Cottage cheese
- celery stalk
- Dijon mustard
- Pinch of dill
- 5 ounces canned tuna in fresh water, drained
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup cottage cheese
- ¼ cup red onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup celery stalk, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Pinch of dill
Steps to follow are given below:
- Combine the drained tuna, mayonnaise, lemon juice, olive oil, cottage cheese; onion and celery stalk to create a healthy tuna filling.
- In this mixture, add capers, parsley, Dijon mustard and a pinch of dill.
- After prepared your tuna filling, spread it over your favorite choice of bread, and add some lettuce, tomato and any other of your favorite vegetables.
Tip: If you are making this recipe for children, try chopping the vegetable up quite finely and adding them to the filling- it’s a great way to get fussy children to eat their vegetables.
For the ultimate food lovers, add a few cheese slices on top of the tune filling before topping with the second slice of bread for a truly cheesy, tuna snack.
Otherwise, toast your bread and place a slice of cheese on top to melt slightly before add your tuna filling for a delicious alternative.
Recipe #5: A Spicy Subway Tuna Recipe
If you have a love for spicy food then this spicy subway tuna recipe is for you. It is an ideal snack to serve if you have company over to watch a sports match, or even as a pre-barbeque snack.
To prepare the tuna filling, combine the following ingredients:
- canned jalapeno
- basil pesto
- clove garlic
- fresh chives
- seasoned croutons
- cayenne pepper
- ground black pepper
- 2 x 6-ounce cans of tuna in fresh water, drained
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 2 tablespoons canned jalapeno pepper, sliced (add a teaspoon of the juice for an extra kick of spice)
- 2 tablespoons of basil pesto
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons broccoli, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh chives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons seasoned croutons
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
To make the Spicy subway, follow the steps given below:
- This subway tuna recipe is delicious as an open sandwich, so toast the bread to give it some stability and texture too! Mixing all of the ingredients.
- Prepare 8 slices of whole wheat bread by toasting them and laying lettuce on top.
- Spread your prepared tuna filling over the lettuce and enjoy!
Every subway tuna recipe is so simple and easy to prepare that you can even do it yourself. Customize your sandwich to your preferences or dietary requirements to optimize your health and eating plan.
Enjoy delicious subway tuna recipes in the comfort of your own home!